Elmedia Player – A Versatile Tool to Play APE Files on Mac/* */
Monkey’s Audio is a file format and an algorithm for lossless audio compression and its file extension is APE. Thus, there is no loss of quality when an audio file is turned into this format. This format also has a compression rate that is better than WavPack and FLAC. Usually audio CD albums are encoded to APE for convenience or for backup purposes.
APE format has some distinct benefits like an effective compression ratio, multithreading/multicore support and fault tolerance.
However, APE files are not supported by Apple devices; therefore in order to play APE audio files on Mac without losing quality, a great APE player for Mac will be required. Here Elmedia Player is recommended as a Mac APE player.
Elmedia Player – An APE Mac app for Playing Music
Elmedia Player understands how to play APE audio files on Mac. Elmedia Player is a top APE player that doesn’t need any decoders or plug-ins to play your APEs. Moreover, Elmedia is ultra versatile; it can play virtually any popular or rare media file, including WMA, AAC, OGG and MP3 files.
Here’s the way you can play APE files using Elmedia Player on your Mac:
- Download Elmedia from eltima.com or the developer’s website and install it on your Mac.
- Play your audio. You can add APE files to player in many different ways:
- Drag APE audio on its icon in the dock or on the open player
- Right-click APE file in Finder and select “Open With” option. Find and select Elmedia Player on the list.
- Go to “File” menu and click “Open” option.
And there’s a lot more!
You can not only play APE files on Mac with Elmedia, but it supports also FLV, MP4, WMV, MKV, AVI, MOV, SWF and more. There are also a lot of convenient settings and options, and in the PRO version, you can also download APE files from the internet.