Why You Need A Website That Works On Mobile Devices/* */
Nowadays the internet has not remained limited to big desktop computers or laptops, but it has moved to mobile devices that can be carried easily in hands and pockets, and can be used to get online on the go. Surveys have shown that most of the online shopping is done through mobile devices. Therefore it has become essential for businesses to get a mobile web design so that their websites can be easily accessed by customers whenever and wherever they are, and they can purchase items or services from there.
Several regular websites work and look fine on computers and laptops. But when the smaller screen of a mobile device is concerned, they lose complex navigation, graphics or text, and become difficult to use.
If you are a businessperson and your website is not optimized, i.e. has not been designed keeping the mobile device user in mind, you may have to suffer a significant loss of visitors, and thereby business. When your website is not accessed easily from mobile phones, customers are bound to turn to your competitors whose sites can easily be accessed from phones.
How Can You Optimize Your Website?
You can get your website optimized in two ways that will make it work finely on mobile devices:
- Modifying your current regular website in such a way that it will work well on mobile phones. This makes the same version of your site work both for computers as well as smartphones.
- Creating a mobile version of the site. This directs the visitors who visit your website to the site’s mobile version through a different URL. In this way, you can focus your mobile website to things visitors wish to do mostly when they are out. You can also offer them an option to watch your full website if they don’t intend to use your mobile version.
Features of Optimized Websites
An optimized website that runs wells on mobile gadgets is usually easy to navigate, view and use. It can potentially include:
- A clear display with a few graphics, so as to make the site look tidy on a small screen of the mobile device, like a tablet or smartphone
- Easy navigation and an efficient search engine to prevent the need of scrolling and clicking
- Small blocks of brief text having white space and sub-headings thereby making it easy for the users to scan the content
GibsonFX is a web design and development company in the UK who provides innovative design services to businesses who want to improve their online presence. They utilize their full expertise and skills to help you meet your needs, whether it’s about reducing your bounce rate or creating an interactive web design for you which will bring brand new traffic and thereby revenue to your site.